Competitions and Pageants and other major events - Last updated 5/23/2017
- Pageant of the Roses - King, Queen and Monarch of the Roses, Audience Choice Award Winner is Majesty of the Order of the Rose. An Official Order of the Cabaret Theater. (Replaces Sweetheart Fashion Show). The Majesty succeeds any open position but is also considered equal in terms of rank. All line members must be approved by the Artistic Director of the Cabaret and in consensus with the other monarchs of the respective court. This court assists with the Pageant of the Roses, diplomatic affairs related to Peace, Unity, Spirituality, Community, Mental Health and Friendship and hosts several parties/events throughout the year to raise funds for the areas mentioned. In-house only court - not a member of any other court system.
- King, Queen, Monarch of Mardi Gras - No Line - Promoted by Tre Brewbaker
- 4/22/17 - Miss US of A Newcomer - (not granted by Cabaret but part of schedule) - Promoted by Johnathan T.
- May 20, 2017 - State Event. Coincides with Steampunk Birthday Bash.
- 7/8/2017 - Arthaus Production
- 7/14/2017 - Mx, Miss, Mr. Independence - No Line - Promoted by Juan Wittkofsky-Maldonaldo and J'Dere. Slated for 7/14/2017.
- 7/25/2017 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place and Audience Choice Award - Venus Awards - Promoted by the Cabaret Theater. Slated for 7/25/2017. Moved to later date - TBD.
- 8/2/2017 - The Rose Court Presents - A Rose by Any Name - The Ultimate Variety Show. 8pm. Cancelled. New Event TBD.
- 9/8/2017 State Event - the Dove and Lily Court presents: The Harvest Ball. Doors at 7pm. Event at 8pm.
- 9/16/2017 - Mr., Miss, Mx Kink - Promoted by the Cabaret.
- 10/13/2017 - King, Monarch and Queen of Gore - Will have line chosen by the Artistic Director of the Cabaret - An Official Order of the Sidewinders Cabaret - Promoted by the Cabaret Theater. Audience chooses also a 4th position, the Majesty. The Majesty has no line and succeeds any open position but is also considered equal in terms of rank of the King, Monarch and Queen. The line will not elevate in rank unless approved by the Cabaret Artistic Director. All line members must be approved by the Artistic Director of the Cabaret. The order puts on Gore Weekend, which Friday, Saturday and Sunday before Halloween. Friday 10/27 is recommended as Gore Ball; Saturday is Gore Party (no performances recommended); Sunday is Gore Show starting at 8pm. This court assists with diplomatic affairs related to Citizenship, Housing, Physical and Mental Health and Wellness, and hosts several parties/events throughout the year to raise funds for the areas mentioned. Everyone competing in the Gore Pageant are required to perform on 10/27. In-house only court - not a member of any other court. 7pm start.
- 11/11/2017 - Event TBD
- 11/18/2017 - Pride Pageant (non-Sidewinders but Important community event)
- 11/25/2017 - Monarch, King, Queen and Majesty of the Yule - Order of the Yule - Pageant. Promoted by the Cabaret Theater. An Official Order of the Sidewinders Cabaret - Promoted by the Cabaret Theater. Audience chooses also a 4th position, the Majesty. The Majesty has no line and succeeds any open position but is also considered equal in terms of rank of the King, Monarch and Queen. The line will not elevate in rank unless approved by the Cabaret Artistic Director. All line members must be approved by the Artistic Director of the Cabaret. The court puts on Yule Weekend, which Friday, Saturday and Sunday nearest 12/21/2017. Friday 12/22 is recommended as the Cabaret Yule Ball (official name) for 12/2017; Saturday is Yule Party (no performances recommended); Sunday is Winter Wonderland Show starting at 8pm. This court assists with diplomatic affairs related to Religion, Spirituality, Emotional Well-Being, Friendship, Animal Welfare, the Homeless and Needy, and hosts several parties/events throughout the year (mid-year Winter in July) to raise funds for the areas mentioned. Everyone competing in the Winter Wonderland Pageant are required to perform in the Cabaret Yule Ball. In-house only court - not a member of any other court.
- 12/8/2017 - Mx., Miss, Mr .Sidewinders - No Line - Promoted by Tre Brewbaker
- Best of 2017: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Pl,ace, Audience Choice Award Winner, All-Star Cast (Top 10), and Sidewinders Cabaret Cultural Award. Slated for 12/27/2017. State Event. All courts required to be in attendance.
- Lady, Lærd, Lord, Diplomat of X - Promoted by the Cabaret
- Mr., Mx., Miss, Monarch, All-Star, Audience Choice Award and Top 3 (Best of YYYY).
Other groups: For example, NMGRA has a home at Sidewinders so we recognize their titles but do not grant them. They come from the NMGRA. Pageant specific: Miss Gay US of A Newcomer is currently held at Sidewinders Cabaret and granted through the pageant. Our orders are not part of the ICS/UCS but will support them. Members are required to assist with other courts where deemed possible.
The Cabaret will hold several pageants and competitions throughout the year to promote healthy competition and organized frivolity. It's mission is to assist the community and provide a place for artists to raise funds, as well as raise awareness to various social and economic issues. There are 4 orders (known as in-house courts) administered by the Cabaret's Artistic Director; 4 granted by the Cabaret and 1 granted by an outside entity, NMGRA. The courts administered by the cabaret include: Rose Court, Yule Court, Gore Court and Dove and Lily Court. The orders are diplomatic, social and economic in nature so as to raise awareness and provide a means for civic duty. Each mini court assists in raising funds for areas they support, as well as hosting events during the year. There are 4 monarchs in each (except the Dove and Lily which has no monarch): Monarch, Queen, King and Majesty. The Majesty holds equal say but has a primary duty to fill in for the other 3 monarchs if they become indisposed or need a proxy. All Line Members are equal, unless one is also the Majesty.
The House Order (Dove and Lily) is simply head of household (and spouse / partner if applicable) and the diplomats. The diplomats are Laerds, Lords and Ladies. It is recommended that individuals not have all 4 courts as titles; no more than 2 is recommended, i.e. being Monarch of Gore and Monarch of Winter are okay but it is not recommended to hold more than 2 major court titles of the Cabaret or be in more than 2 courts, lines or any combination thereof.. For example, it is not recommended to be Monarch of Gore, Monarch of Winter and Monarch of the Roses. It is okay to be Majesty as many times as the audience chooses. The orders work together and all the monarchs work as a team. There are no outranking titles and all titles must follow cabaret rules and support nonprofits, except the House Order comprises the Artistic Director of the Cabaret and consults with the bar and management on all matters.
Members being considered for court lines must be in good standing with the bar and remain in good standing. All monarchs should confer with each other and agree to the line members. The Artistic Director of the Cabaret confers with the monarchs and grants permission for them to be on the line. Monarchs who receive 3 official written warnings from the Cabaret and/or bar will be dismissed. Any crown that is offered back to the bar will be re-assigned within 1 week. Cabaret courts are required to put on a celebratory weekend with which the Artistic Director will assist as needed. In addition, each monarch should assist in putting on an event. Each order needs to put on 4 events (outside of celebratory weekend) to assist in the fundraising needs of the community.
For formal events, it is requested (not required) that all members dress according to the occasion. If the event is dress formal, then please wear gloves, regalia, long skirts and have hair suitable. However, it is requested that everyone dress according to the event. For example, Gore Ball may warrant no gloves or dresses. Cabaret Yule Ball is based on how the Yule event is honored or significant to the Yulers. We do not punish if someone is not dressed appropriately; we only request that individuals look and act in accordance to the festivities.