We are pleased to announce the Best of 2017 Awards and Competition. Event date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 6pm (doors), pre-event 7pm. 8pm competition.
Individuals must have performed at least 2 times (twice) during the 2017 year from January 1, 2017 - November 28, 2017.
This year's selection of who will compete came from 3 panels of judges: The Dove and Lily, Panel 2 (anonymous) and Panel 3 (anonymous).
The official name of the event will be: Sidewinders Cabaret Best of 2017 Awards and Competition.
To qualify for competition:
We may take more nominees due to ties from the panels judging, but Top 15% are considered first.
List of Qualified Nominees for 12/27 will be posted here. Please note there might be several ties.
Total: 22 (excluding alternates) - Several Ties. 6 people tied for spot #5. 3 ties for spot #12. 5 ties for spot #19. 3 for spot #25. 3 for spot #29.
Top 14% will compete due to ties and schedules.
Additional Awards being given 12/27:
Other potential awards:
Guidelines for Competition:
1) Music and tech sheets due 12/26/2017 at 6pm. Tech sheets: Click Here.
2) Come ready to perform by 6pm on 12/27/2017, pre-show at 6pm and event at 8pm - notify Renato if you cannot be there until a later time
3) No flammables, firearms, dangerous or hazardous materials; any such materials will automatically disqualify contestant. No balloons or blood.
4) Dress for a competition and for awards ceremony
5) Check-in with security and stage manager
6) Confirm your participation
7) Must have valid government issued ID
8) No outside beverages permitted
9) Participation releases Sidewinders from any liability
10) Audience votes during the live competition for the audience choice award. Audience vote is part of scoring for competition as well.
11) Should stay for entire event unless otherwise discussed, as the event will have awards given in the middle and the end.
12) It is recommended that performers watch as much of the competition as they can.
13) You will have 5 - 7 minutes to set-up, perform and complete your piece.
14) Please note: Performers who are competitors will not be able to leave the stage due to lack of stairs.
Please note that management and DJs are not permitted to compete. Drag family members do not have the same restrictions.
Thank you and congratulations everyone!